1. THE AUTHORITY OF THE BIBLE
We believe the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God and is without error and therefore serves as the authoritative guide for Christian understanding, life, and ministry. Psalm 19:7, Prov. 30:5, Math. 4:4, 2 Tim. 3:16
a. Biblical Statement on Marriage and Sexuality
- We believe that term “marriage” has only one meaning and that is marriage sanctioned by God which joins one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to only occur between a man and a woman who are married to each other. We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. Matt. 19:4-5, Mark 10:6-9, Gen. 2:21-24
- We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of the church as the local Body of Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to the church members and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by the church in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, should abide by and agree to this Statement on Marriage and Sexuality and conduct themselves accordingly. 2 Cor 8:21, Rom 12:17, 1 Cor 10:31
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality, such as adultery, fornication, homosexuality, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, pornography or any attempt to change one’s sex, or disagreement with one’s biological sex, is sinful and offensive to God. 1 Cor 6:18-20, 1 Cor 6:9-11
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. Rom. 8:1, 1 John 1:9, 1 Cor 6:11
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with scripture nor the doctrines of the church. Matt 7:1, Jam. 4:12
2. GOD IS TRINITY
There is but one true God, the supreme, sovereign Being of the Universe and is revealed in Scripture as One divine Being existing in three persons; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Gen 1:26-27, Is 48:16, Matt 3:16-17, Matt 28:19, 1 Cor 12:4-6, 2 Cor 13:14, 1 Jn 5:7
3. THE DEITY AND PERFECT HUMANITY OF JESUS CHRIST
Jesus Christ is the preexistent son of God and is fully God and fully man; (the hypostatic union) the only Savior for the sins of the world. He was the Word made flesh; supernaturally conceived by the Holy Spirit; born of the Virgin Mary; and was perfect in nature, teaching, and obedience. Matt 16:16, Matt 22:42-45, Luke 1:35, Luke 1:47, John 1:1,14, John 10:30, John 14:6-7, Hebrews 7:26
4. THE DEITY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
The Holy Spirit is ascribed with the attributes of God, is equated with God and does the work that only God does. John 14:26, John 15:26, John 16:13, Acts 5:3-5, Romans 5:5
5. HUMAN STATE OF DEPRAVITY
Man was created in the image and likeness of God. Man willfully disobeyed God incurring spiritual and physical death. Each human is a sinner by nature and is in need of divine salvation. Gen 1:26,27, Gen 2:17, Gen 3:6, Ps 58:3, Eccl 7:20, Is 64:6, Rom 3:10, Rom. 3:23, Rom 5:12, Eph 2:1
6. ATONEMENT BY THE SUBSTITUTIONARY
DEATH AND RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST
Christ’s substitutionary death on the cross by the shedding of His blood in His vicarious sacrifice for sin shows mercy to sinners and supplies Christians with the life of God. Matt 26:28, Jn 1:29, Acts 20:28, Rom 3:25,26, Rom. 5:9, Heb 9:22, 1 Pet 1:19, Rev. 13:8
7. SALVATION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH
Atonement by the Literal Blood and death of Jesus Christ provided an opportunity for all men to be saved by believing the Gospel. Salvation has been provided freely to all who believe as a result of who God is, and what Christ has done – not who we are or what we have done. Gen 15:6, Jn 3:14-18, Acts 4:12, Acts 8:37, Acts 16:30,31, Rom. 10:13, Rom. 10:9-10, Eph 2:8,9
8. CHRIST IS BUILDING HIS CHURCH
The church which is the Body and future Bride of Christ, is dedicated to the worship and service of God, as well as the ordinance of baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Acts 11:26, Rom. 12:4-5, 1 Cor. 12:27
9. THE EXISTENCE OF SATAN, ELECT AND FALLEN ANGELS
Lucifer created perfect in wisdom and beauty as a cherubim rebelled and exalted himself above God, and therefore was judged by God, and drew 1/3 of the angels with him who are now demons. Ps. 148:2,5, Is 14:12-14, Matt 16:18, Mark 8:38, Luke 10:18, 1 Cor 4:9, 2 Cor 2:11, Eph 1:22,23, Eph 3:10, Eph 5:23b,24a, 1 Pet 1: 12
10. THE RESURRECTION/ETERNAL REWARDS
OF THE JUST AND ETERNAL PUNISHMENT OF THE UNJUST
Christ will return to rapture His church. Following will be a seven year tribulation period. Christ will come again to the earth and establish His kingdom for 1,000 years. The Great White Throne judgment of the unsaved, coupled with Satan being cast into the lake of fire, will allow Christ to establish a New Heaven and a New Earth. John 5:24, Rom 11:32, Rom 14:10, 1 Cor. 15:22, 1 Cor 15:51, 1 Thess 4:16,17, 1 Thess 5:9, Eph. 2:1-6, Rev. 20:4-5, Rev 20:2-7, Rev 20:11-15, Rev 21:1-3
LifeHouse Church is supported by and in partnership with:
The Baptist Convention of Maryland & Delaware (BCMD)
The Southern Baptist Convention (SBC)
WHY NOT JUST BE AN INDEPENDENT CHURCH?
We are, in essence, an independent church! Every SBC church is completely autonomous. We are not subject to the hierarchical control of any ecclesiastical or denominational body. Each church is self-governed and determines its own affairs. For example:
Every SBC church chooses its own pastor.
Every SBC church owns its own buildings and assets.
Every SBC church determines its own programs and policy.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES IN BEING AFFILIATED WITH THE SBC?
Affiliation with the SBC allows our church to participate in the largest missionary organization in the world. Through the SBC “Cooperative Program” we help support over 7,500 missionaries in 104 countries around the world. We affirm the BFM 2000.